With a touch of seasoning and a sizzle in our Accent Series Large Nonstick Skillet, these hash browns will be the star of your breakfast table. So, grab your spatula and get flipping, because these crispy delights are too good to resist!
- Accent Series Large Nonstick Skillet
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your potatoes well — no need to peel!
- Shred potatoes in a food processor (or a regular hand grater if you don't have a food processor)
- Important: squeeze the shreds in cheesecloth or tea towel — get as much water out as you can! You do not need to rinse or soak these shredded potatoes.
- Microwave shreds for 2 minutes. Fluff and let them steam the excess moisture off after taking them out.
- Mix with 1/4 cup flour and 1 egg.
- Mix in a few shakes each of onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a few good tablespoons of oil (EVOO works great, vegetable oil is fine) in the Accent Series Large Nonstick Frypan over medium heat. Using a nonstick pan is the key to getting your hash browns beautifully crispy without sticking to the pan. Don't skimp too much on the oil, or it won't be as golden and crispy!
- When the oil starts to shimmer with heat, spread a thin layer of the potatoes in the pan, making a large patty across the whole surface, about 1cm or just under half an inch thick. Don't layer it on thick. If you have too much potato mixture, fry the excess in a separate pan. This will ensure your hash browns are crispy and not soggy.
- Let it cook over medium heat until you see the edges becoming a beautiful golden brown. If you shake the pan and hear crispiness scraping along the pan surface, that's good. When you flip the patty you want to see a deep golden brown color across the whole surface. This should take about 5-8 minutes, but follow your eyes and ears as every stove is different.
- Cook the other side till it is similarly done.
So, buckle up and prepare to indulge in hash brown heaven - it's time to make breakfast legendary!
#MEYER #HomeCooking #DeliciousIdeas