There’s nothing more comforting than a good ol’ burger. 🤤 With the right combo of fresh ingredients and mouth-watering condiments, a burger can be heavenly and just as healthy, and this chickpea and sesame burger truly ticks both boxes!
While vegetables have never been the focus in burgers, chickpeas are made the star of this nutritious chickpea and sesame burger recipe. High in protein and low in fat, chickpeas are a great alternative for a patty and transforms a burger into more than your run-of-the-mill fast food. This fresh new take on a traditional burger can be made from basic pantry ingredients and only takes 20 minutes. Now you can indulge but in a more nutritious way!
Star tip: Load some caramelized onion jam onto the patty to give it that meaty texture. For a lighter yet fresh crunch, layer on some raw vegetables like onions and tomatoes. Otherwise sauteed mushrooms is an excellent tasty alternative!
For the patty
- 1.5 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 5 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 knob butter (about 1 ½ to 2 tbsp)
For the topping
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 cheese slice
- 1 tbsp onion jam
- Drain the boiled chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Add the tahini paste, finely chopped onions, chilli flakes, dried parsley, black pepper, and cornstarch to the chickpeas.
- Blend it all into a fine mixture.
- Gently shape the patties into a round shape in your hands and keep a pan on the heat for searing.
- Add a few drops of oil to the pan and sear the patties till you get a nice golden brown crust on both sides.
- Add a knob of butter in the same pan and toast up the sliced burger buns.
- Start assembling with a thin smear of mayonnaise on the bun and top with a slice of cheese and a lettuce leaf. Gently place the patty on next and finish it off with a generous helping of onion jam.
Our Accent Series Ultra-Durable Nonstick Skillets are perfect for this recipe. Depending on how many burgers you want to make at a time, the especially wide surface area enables you to sear just enough patties and toast up burger buns in one go. Its nonstick surface means you can use less oil, and it also makes cleaning up just as easy as the recipe!
If you are cooking for a larger party, double up on the ingredients and opt for our large Accent Ultra-Durable Nonstick Skillets.
#MEYER #HomeCooking #Burgerlicious #DeliciousIdeas